Ford Transit Connect Forum

Facebook?

Don't see much detailed responses on Facebook. Just the typical quick mentions of "try this" "might be that" in response to questions posted. Seems more the casual user as compared to responses here. Users here seem more dedicated to digging in and getting answers that often even the dealers don't know since individual TC sales are few and far between.

Facebook has more exposure, so more chance of something new and unique, but so far I haven't noticed anything new there that I hadn't already seen here.

Resigned from 2 TC Facebook groups because I got sick of wading through  "look at me" and "me too" posts.

Very disorganized,impulse driven,no search and lack of technical info.

Also seemed to be dominated by Brits with diesels,mods and strange slang. 

29 minutes ago, JackGrimshaw said:

Also seemed to be dominated by Brits with diesels,mods and strange slang. 

Well, the TC has been sold for 19 years in Britain & Europe. There's a massive fleet of them on the roads over here.

On 5/5/2021 at 10:10 AM, BSJBSJ said:

I don't do Facebook. Don't really want too either...

20 hours ago, BSJBSJ said:

selling my digital soul...

I refuse to Facebook.  Period.  Some think it is because back in the old days, Zuckerberg was a regular visitor to certain bathhouses, and now he acts like he doesn't know me and that we haven't seen each other take a bath.  

The truth is that I'm very much in support of free speech.  I refuse to participate in a cancel culture forum which believes that they have the right choose who gets to speak, and who doesn't get to speak.   The only way for me to empower myself against Facebook's selective censorship, is to refuse to participate.  They won't be able to sell information about me (which is how they really make their money).  Facebook sells ads, and sells information about you to other companies.  Facebook is probably the world's largest marketing research database.    

I would rather let this forum sell information about me.  

On 5/6/2021 at 7:50 AM, mrtn said:

Well, the TC has been sold for 19 years in Britain & Europe. There's a massive fleet of them on the roads over here.

My post was not meant as criticism,only that the groups were not a good fit for me.