Ford Transit Connect Forum

Flip Key for 2018 TC?

Has anyone been able to get a flip key that works on a 2018 TC? There are some pretty cheap ones on eBay that I'm looking at but I don't really trust the listings.

eBay: Upgraded Flip Remote Key Fob 315MHz OUCD6000022 for Ford Focus Escape Transit

I only have one key now and would love to make the original the spare and use a more conveniently sized flip key.

I don't know if this is possible but I have read many accounts of cheap replacement keys failing to program. Unfortunately you have to pay to have the key cut before you can try to program it. If it fails you can't return it for a refund. 

But, it's easy to add new keys using the procedure in the owner's manual. You need two original keys to do this.

• 11 months later...
On 5/3/2021 at 2:37 PM, jnelly said:

Has anyone been able to get a flip key that works on a 2018 TC? There are some pretty cheap ones on eBay that I'm looking at but I don't really trust the listings.

eBay: Upgraded Flip Remote Key Fob 315MHz OUCD6000022 for Ford Focus Escape Transit

I only have one key now and would love to make the original the spare and use a more conveniently sized flip key.

There are aftermarket solutions that offer a Flip-Key setups for your type of van. You're best to source one from a proper vehicle locksmith as they will provide a proper working unit and program it as well.

There's all sorts of horror stories from folks buying aftermarket keys just to find out they have a defect or won't program in.