Ford Transit Connect Forum

Tpms monitor fault

Transit19

So I have a 2019 Ford Transit Connect XLT. 

Every time I change over my winters/summer wheels there is a problem with the TPMS. 

Right now I can't train the summer wheels even by releasing air or even by the tool I ordered on Amazon (el50448). 

I also had my winters in the back of the van with its own TPMS for a couple of days. The tpms light went on after day 3 with the tires in back. I guess the monitor got confused by the 8 tires and created a fault. 

I have since removed the winters and put into my garage but still can't train the summers. 

Anyone else have this problem or any advice? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

What happens when you try to train your sensors? Are you in the sensor learn mode? Does the car respond with horn beeps? Do you have Ford sensors installed on the wheels?

The Ford TPMS tool looks like this.

Screenshot_20210425-114455_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Fifty150

3 hours ago, Transit19 said:

any advice

Install Ford sensors. Get a Ford tool. Enable sensor learning mode manually or with FORScan. Start with driver side front, then passenger front, move to passenger rear, finish at driver side rear. 

Yes I'm in sensor train mode, horn beeps and prompts to train front left, I put the tool where it needs to be and nothing. Sensors are FORD since they are on factory tires and rims. I've used the tool and the tried letting out air. Nothing. Times out after 2-3 mins and says "training failed try again"

Make sure the second set of tires are far from your vehicle.

Make sure there are no strong radio frequency signals nearby.

Try the training process by starting at a different wheel in case the LF sensor is bad. See if any wheel causes the vehicle to see a sensor as the first one in the training process.

Try a master reset of all the modules in the vehicle by disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes.

You may need a scan tool to troubleshoot further. 

25 minutes ago, Don Ridley said:

Try the training process by starting at a different wheel in case the LF sensor is bad.

You have a 2019, so the sensors should not be bad.  But it could still be a probability.  I can't imagine that all of the sensors are bad.  Impossible that all your sensors have failed.  You could rotate the tires front to back, then start all over again.....and this time, the driver side front will have a good sensor.  Then work your way around until you get to the bad tire, which would confirm that sensor is bad.  Since the van does enter sensor training mode, I want to believe it's the sensor.  But, it could still be the van.  The van needs to read the sensor, and it may not be reading the sensor.  If all else fails, put the original wheel and tire set back on the van, and let the dealer figure it out under warranty.  

how are you getting to the training mode?  I read 2 different ways and tried the emergency flashers "way" and that got the dash to say it was in training mode but could only get 1 wheel to beep.

Read more and tried it using the ignition key on/off 3 times, ect to get to the same dash message but then all wheels beeped in turn.  

First find some one with one of these , then the sensors can be scanned If they are good you will get the number the tire pressure and the battery condition.  Then if all that is good you can get to the bottom of this issue 

image.png.cd10f4cebda20bc58c2fa7e5d67f1585.png

Edited by G B L