Ford Transit Connect Forum

Always on fuse?

My dash cam requires one always on power source and a separate one turned on with the ignition switch. I'm hoping to just use a piggy back adapter for both in the interior fuse box. (2021 Cargo van)

Does anyone already know of a specific fuse that is always on? 

Or, a better mapped out description of which fuse controls what? The diagram in the 2021 owners manual is seriously unhelpful...

14 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

When you get it all figured out,  take a picture.  I'd like to see which fuses you tapped.

10 & 23. More for convenience in placing the adapters than anything else.

My camera is supposed to have a G-shock sensor that would turn it on in the event of an impact. Without an ignition switch controlled power source the camera will always be running now.  It is supposed to shut down when the battery gets to 11.8V, so I will have to trust that. Otherwise, I will have to unplug the power cord from the camera if it becomes a problem...

Number 3 was the one that was always dead. I see why now as I don't have parking assist. I have to wonder why there is a fuse in that location!

Capture.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MFGWXQX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I need to test #3 again. I checked it with the ignition switch in the ON position without actually starting the engine.  I realized today that the rear 12v socket doesn't energize until the engine is actually running, so #3 may also be like that too...

Edited by BSJBSJ