Ford Transit Connect Forum

2022 FTC Order Placed on April 13, 2021

I finalized my order yesterday and gave the dealer a deposit.  Got a text from them last night saying they submitted the order to Ford...now the waiting.  Dealer has 1 allocation for April from Ford, so I'm really hoping they pick it up and it doesn't get pushed to May.  Ford says the estimated time from order to delivery on this van is 22 weeks, that puts delivery around the middle of September.  

Here's the details:

• 2022 XLT LWB Wagon
  • Solar Silver - Only saw the color on the internet from EU sites and cars - praying I like it when it comes in
  • Ebony cloth - 60/40 split bench second row
  • Vinyl floors front and rear
  • Engine block heater
  • HID Headlamps
  • Trailer tow package
  • Mid Vehicle Overhead Console
  • Roof Rails
  • 16" Dark Sparkle  Wheels
  • Front and rear sensing
  • LED Fog Lamps

Planning on doing getting a 1up hitch mounted bike rack for the back, new roof rack and roof top tent, window tint and hood wrap in place before it comes in so first week I can get it tuned up.  :) 

My goal is to build the van into a weekend and road trip vehicle that will give me plenty of storage for bike parts, tools, food, dog supplies, human supplies, small fridge (hop flavored recovery water) and passenger comfort is super important to me too.  Would love a platform rack for the roof so if anyone has any ideas, please share!  

Picture from Ford's website after I built it on the build function. 

Solar Silver.JPG

Edited by Durty_Flaanimal
typo

Your van looks good. Ordering a vehicle takes time but you get exactly what you want. 16-20 weeks is normal and fortunately COVID has not limited production. The "longest" leg of my van's journey was from the port on the east coast to the dealer on the west coast...it seemed to take forever but was only a couple of weeks. 

Edited by Don Ridley

On 4/15/2021 at 11:24 AM, Don Ridley said:

Your van looks good. Ordering a vehicle takes time but you get exactly what you want. 16-20 weeks is normal and fortunately COVID has not limited production. The "longest" leg of my van's journey was from the port on the east coast to the dealer on the west coast...it seemed to take forever but was only a couple of weeks. 

Hey Don - I agree getting exactly what we want is worth the wait!   Still haven't heard from dealer if Ford picked up the 1 allocation they had for an April slot. 

Fingers crossed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - Ford has informed my dealer that they will not be assigning production dates to dealer orders until June at the earliest.  This means any dealers that ordered in April and May will be pushed to June and the clock on the 22 week wait will start at the time the orders are picked by Ford.  

Ridiculous commitment they are asking for by not being able to give an idea of when production dates will be assigned.  They shouldn't be taking our money and then giving us new information.  I'm trying to get my deposit back right now.  So pissed.

I understand your frustration, but if you love the vehicle, stay with it. I went through the same process in 2016. Ordered in mid May, couldn't get a production date. Vehicle was built in Spain on July 4th, and by the time it was shipped to the US and arrived on the West Coast, I took delivery on Sep 23. It seemed like forever.  Ford winds down production of the 2021 models in April/May, begins re-tooling for 2022 models in May/June, begins building in July for Aug and Sep deliveries. That's just logistics for a multi billion dollar company and thousands of employees. Changes don't happen quickly in consumer time. I waited, and got exactly what I wanted, and it was worth it. Still driving the Black Beauty today. Hang in there.... Peace

It's the same issue in my business. Delivery of goods postponed for months, then silence, then 6 weeks delay. Then 2 weeks. I can not promise any delivery dates.

Wanted to buy a bicycle, called my dealer I have gone to for ages. They said their containers allocated for spring sale are stuck on Evergiven in Suez canal, there nothing big enough in stock.

All suppliers have informed me of price hike, 3-30%.

Never before have I experienced such global s***show.

Edited by mrtn

I got my deposit refunded today.  I have been searching for something that will work for me but the pandemic is problematic and inventory is low.  

That being said I live near chicago and its a big market so I've found a couple that will do.  Anyone have any experience with buying a service loaner?  Full factory warrantee and everything just a big discount...I found one of those and am considering. 

On 5/11/2021 at 3:38 PM, Durty_Flaanimal said:

a service loaner?  Full factory warrantee and everything just a big discount.

That could be a good thing but only if it fits your needs and the price is right.

Man you got lucky. I really wanted a red one but couldn't find one with Cruise control. Back in March I was told my only option was to order. I considered it but found a creeper white one with all the options I wanted and got that instead.

So glad I decided against ordering. My 2011 HHR wouldn't have ever made it all the way to the end of the year!

It's definitely a slim selection and I did get lucky.  I found a few I considered but I really wanted cargo doors and most I was finding had the liftgate.  One dealer about 20 miles from me has 13 TC in stock...well now 12.  :0)  They have several nice wagons and a few nice cargo vans including a red one. 

16 hours ago, Durty_Flaanimal said:

It's definitely a slim selection and I did get lucky.  I found a few I considered but I really wanted cargo doors and most I was finding had the liftgate.  One dealer about 20 miles from me has 13 TC in stock...well now 12.  :0)  They have several nice wagons and a few nice cargo vans including a red one. 

The dealer I used, in a neighboring state, had to get mine from another dealer 2 1/2 hours away.

I put feelers out in three states. They found several red ones loaded with other options, but not cruise control. I don't understand that, at all. Who would want a loaded van without cruise control!?

• 2 years later...

built in Spain on July 4th, and by the time it was shipped to the US and arrived on the West Coast, I took delivery on Sep 23

Ouch. Mine was shipped on 6/16. But September??? Yikes.

• 6 months later...

Finally heard today that my custom ordered Transit Connect is set to arrive in about a week or so. 

I placed the order originally way back in November 2022!

Sadly I’m going to have to pass on it due to other circumstances. 

Fortunately it looks like used pricing has come down a bit in the last year. 

Know a good source for OEM parts2023  Ford Transit Connect

Where are good places for shopping for the following?:

Dash mat cover, seat covers, steering wheel cover, floor mats

Bumper step Insulation

Window kits Vent / air fans

Roof rack

Recommendations appreciated.

Edited by David Tipton
to shorten