Ford Transit Connect Forum

Random Low Fuel Pressure Issue

I am having an issue with my 2014 Ford Transit Connect. Randomly the fuel pressure will be too low for the car to run/start. The fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail has been replaced, as well as the entire fuel pump assembly in the tank. It is a completely random issue, whether I am driving or have turned it off and am going to start it. It was throwing an engine code for something fuel system related, but after replacing the fuel pump assembly, the code is gone, but the problem is still there. Any ideas as to what could be causing this, or a similar experience?

On 4/1/2021 at 3:00 PM, Willygee said:

What psi values are you getting? I believe there is a fuel pressure sensor as well on your TC.

According to my Live Data from my OBD2 scanner, it is showing 1500psi at crank and about 900psi when running. When it starts to shut off the readout shows ~80psi. These numbers seem way too high, but the main thing is that it is showing that it has enough pressure when running, and then it randomly drops to a value too low to sustain the engine. Do you know where the fuel pressure sensor might be? If it is a part of the fuel pump assembly within the tank, then it would have been replaced when I dropped the fuel tank to replace the whole unit. These fuel pressure readings were the same before and after replacement of the regulator and fuel pump assembly.