Ford Transit Connect Forum

Flip Key without Fob?

Is there anywhere I could get just the Key part of a 2021 Connect made or purchased?

I'd rather have the key and Fob/remote separate from each other on my Leatherman Super Tool key chain...

Edited by BSJBSJ

If you just want one to open the doors but not actually start the car, there is a "dumb" key available. I always get one to put in my wallet just in case I accidentally lock my actual key set in the vehicle. Only ever needed it once, but that was well worth the price.

But if you just want to seperate the parts on an existing fob, they come apart easy enough. There's a screw unter the pry-off battery cover.

Edited by DonShockley

No I just want to have a key that isn't 4 5/8" long to start my van. I found an empty shell with an uncut blade for $13. I will get the blade cut and remove it from the shell, and attach that to my ring.

I will still have the fob on my keychain so the chip will talk to the computer but everything will hang closer to the column.

If needed, I can unlock my van with the Ford app.

On 3/17/2021 at 4:08 PM, DonShockley said:

If you just want one to open the doors but not actually start the car, there is a "dumb" key available.

Any chance you got the part number for this? I've got a 2019 that I've been thinking of getting a key for.

On 3/22/2021 at 4:11 PM, josh6025 said:

Any chance you got the part number for this? I've got a 2019 that I've been thinking of getting a key for.

Here's my receipt from that purchase at the dealer. Also a photo showing how short the dumb key is once you remove the plastic at the end. Fits much better in a wallet that way.

20210323_183335.jpg

20210323_184248.jpg

Got the key cut today at Ace Hardware for free! Works too.

But you have to hold the live fob very close to the naked dumb key to get it to register before it will start the engine.

I hoped it would have more range... Not as convenient as I had hoped.

Edited by BSJBSJ