Ford Transit Connect Forum

P71 Cop Car style Hub Caps on a Transit Connect?

JonBowerbank

Has anyone successfully found anything similar that fits the stock 5x108 bolt pattern of a Transit Connect 15” wheel?

I’ve just always liked the look of the cop car hubs, and thought it’d look great on my all black 2012 TC.

Besides having to convert my entire wheel to 16” with adapter for 5x114.3 (which is the size for the P71 hub caps), I haven’t found anything that fits what I currently have.

Also considering just finding some classic spoke Crown Vic 15mm hubcaps, which are also a point of nostalgia for me.

Edited by JonBowerbank

The difference in bolt pattern is only 6.3mm - or 3.175mm on each side of the wheel center (1/8" for us). So the plastic tabs on the Crown Vic hubcaps could be bent in a little extra at the center to grab the lug nuts of a Transit Connect bolt pattern - with the one huge caveat being that nobody makes "shoulder" lug nuts for our wheel bolt size/pattern! Pictured is a Crown Vic lug nut, that shoulder in the middle is what the prongs/fingers of the hubcaps grab onto, but nobody (when I had looked a couple years ago) makes shouldered lugnuts in our M12x1.5 size. Which then leaves you back to the adapters to run 5x114.3 with the right-sized lug studs or knocking out your studs to put in 1/2"x20 from a CV with the right lugnuts and then tweaking the hubcap prongs in a little bit extra for the slightly smaller bolt pattern. 

Crown Vic shouldered lug nut for plastic hubcaps:

906246814_611-171-vi1.jpg.51e93f532aa71e4711f38ed85880e113.jpg

Still happy with my el cheepo plastic caps. $30 on Amazon. Factory finish faded fast, but nothing a little mag paint couldn't fix. The factory steel wheels got a fresh coat of PlastiDip a couple years back too. The covers line up nicely with the holes in the rims for a good look.

wheel-covers.jpg

* Bit more work. The clips that hold the caps on tend to be weak on  these universal covers, but there's ways to beef them up. You can find "how to" videos on utube. Short version - a couple strips of electrical tape stretched over the clips to lock the metal ring in place and provide grip, then a wrap around the posts with gorilla tape to keep the electrical tape from falling off. Been good for a couple years anyway, with no lost covers.

TuningPros WSC-616S14 Hubcaps (14")

TuningPros WSC-616S14 Hubcaps (15")

Edited by sKiZo

1 hour ago, jrm223 said:

...but nobody (when I had looked a couple years ago) makes shouldered lugnuts in our M12x1.5 size. Which then leaves you back to the adapters to run 5x114.3 with the right-sized lug studs or knocking out your studs to put in 1/2"x20 from a CV with the right lugnuts and then tweaking the hubcap prongs in a little bit extra for the slightly smaller bolt pattern. 

This is the process I went through in my quest as well!  “If it’s this, can I do this, so if I do that, is there a thing for that, nope, ok back to the other, hmmm”

OK, yeah not worth the price in changing out all my wheels and tires to 16” just so I can slap on some cool center hubs!  Ha ha

Thx