Ford Transit Connect Forum

Ordered but no VIN

Placed my order on September 18th. Been 16 weeks now and not even a VIN yet. Dealer is at a loss to explain and he says will start making some calls to Ford to try to get an answer. Others ordered after mine have showed up on the lot. I didn’t order anything special. I new it would take a long time to get but this is getting ridiculous. Anyone got any ideas or had similar experience?

That is frustrating haven't had that with a Ford but when my wife ordered her Smart car back in 2007 it seemed to take forever to arrive.  I've ordered camera equipment before that seemed to take forever.  Is your Ford dealer a high volume dealer? has your order been lost in the pipeline? seems like someone should be able to answer as to why.

• 4 weeks later...

So Ford zone is now saying it “should” be built the week of Feb 16th. That is over 21 weeks from order date. Nobody knows why it is taking so long. Dealer is guessing supplier issues. I know the order bank is open for 2022’s. Maybe it would be faster to order new!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Update: 

Has finally been built as of Feb 26. ETA though is May 14th. That will make it about 34 weeks from order date. They are blaming it on the worldwide semiconductor shortage. Dealer says once it hits land they can “hotsheet” the order to expedite delivery. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, Roger52 said:

I ordered a 2022 transit connect May 14th 2021. Dealer said it was built 9-6-2021. Now he is saying it will be built 12-6-2021! 6 months after order placed.

I settled for what they had in stock because I didn't believe the date they quoted me... Got most of what I wanted, but in White. Wanted Red but I couldn't wait 6 months for an ordered one.

• 4 months later...

I went and placed my order on May 1, 2021. Was told ta they would let me know when it would be built when they got the VIN. In mid January 2022, I got a call saying it was shipped and I may see it in a couple of months - I believe they said three to four. Less than two weeks later, I got another call (Jan 29, 2022) and was told it was being unloaded from the transport truck. I had already purchased another van by then, but told them I would come and look at it the following day. I went up the next day, and ended up going ahead with the purchase. I picked it up that Saturday. It is a world of difference between the 2010  bought 8/29/2009! I like it alot and find that the issues they had back then don't seem to exist anymore. I ended up getting a 2022 model due to the delays. 2022 XLT Cargo Van. The previous one was also an XLT Cargo Van. First photo is 2010 model, second (if they remained in order) is new one.

.IMG_0267.thumb.JPG.e9d665eb71e5894cc5672914d2f59e77.JPG

'22 After Wheels/Tires changed out at 122 miles:

IMG_0313.thumb.jpg.e28c82fb1cab25639d6b74af4ed3db6b.jpg

Further note - I ordered the 2010 model at the end of December of 2009 -  I purchased one from dealer stock 8/29/09 as the ordered one never came .... until the day after I bought the one from stock at the only dealer that had one equipped as I ordered other than being Frozen White - I ordered a silver one

Edited by REC