Ford Transit Connect Forum

Need Help 2015 Transit Connect 2.5L

jmc1974

hello everyone, 

so about a week ago, I noticed that when I started the van in the morning, it has a very low Idle, and ran a bit rough, like if the "choke" mode was not on, the engine was COLD, the weather was 50 degrees outside, but my temp gauge was recording 1/4 of the way!, do this means my temp sensor is bad? I also noticed, the temp is on the normal range, just a hair under 1/2, but when the engine is idle, the cooling fan is also running, shouldn't the fan only run on and off, not constant?  BTW the van only has 25k miles.

13 minutes ago, G B L said:

Ok does the scan tool you hooked up have live data?

You need a scan tool that is more than a OBDII code reader. The readers at the auto parts store are probably the basic OBDII devices. A real scan tool will show diagnostic codes (that don't trigger check engine lights) and real time data for hundreds of variables.

Look up Forscan in this or any other Ford vehicle forum. It is what you need and you can get setup for under $100.

1 minute ago, Don Ridley said:

Look up Forscan in this or any other Ford vehicle forum. It is what you need and you can get setup for under $100.

As long as you only work on Fords great solution .  If there are more brands in your fleet You have to suck it up and  get a Scan Tool,

Pictured by G B L is the ambient air temp sensor - if that was bad, your digital gauge on the dash would show wild outside temperatures. For example, when mine went bad at about 33K miles, it said the outside air temp was as low as -25*F when it was really 90-ish F in the summer! The temp sensor you want would be the cylinder head temp sensor ($12-$17 on Rock Auto), middle top of the engine between cylinders 2 & 3. 

On 12/29/2020 at 5:18 PM, Don Ridley said:

Without question, FORScan is the best amateur software for Ford vehicles. It's just about free.  You will need something to plug into the OBD2 port. You may be able to get away with a wired connection for less than $20.  I use a Bluetooth device with a low cost Amazon Fire Android tablet. A wired connection to a laptop is more stable. A guy I know has  a computer set up in his garage just for working on his cars. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just used Forscan to:

- set dark mode so lights don’t stay on long after unlocking. 

- set bambi mode so fog lights stay on when high beams are on. 

- disabled the keyfob panic alarm button so items in pocket don’t set the alarm off.

- set TPMS nominal tire pressure to 34psi instead of 44/48 for smoother ride. When you first do this, it thinks your pressures are low until you drive a mile or so. 

I want to enable the Euro mode where holding down the keyfob lock/unlock buttons remotely rolls all the windows up/down, but can’t figure this out yet.