Ford Transit Connect Forum

Future Max fan project-electrical hook up advice. 2020 Conect passenger van-LWB

I have a 2020 LWB passenger Connect. I searched and read where others have tapped into or utilized a large fuse terminal block at/by/close to the right rear most interior cover. When I pop off this cover, I see nothing whatsoever with wires going to/from anything in that location. Would I need to remove the whole right plastic side panel to access an electrical/fuse/ panel ?. Also -any advice ,tips ,or other items I need to know ?.Not a newbie to mechanical or electrical work on vehicles, just trying to save myself any headaches and/or induce any new problems. Thanks in advance for any replies. 

Sounds like you don't have the auxiliary fuseblock, same as me. I have the panel completely off, but you'll recognize that the access door on your plastic panel is directly over this spot. 

I've read about the main fuse blocks on the 2019+ being different than 2018-, also. I think you'll end up needing an add-a-block type fuseblock and running your own power wire to it from the battery. If you're planning a camper conversion, you'll probably be adding a second (house/leisure) battery anyway, so it'd be easiest to wire accessories like the fan to your house battery and then charging that battery through a constant-duty relay.

IMG_9576_50_Marked.jpg

I reviewed my owners manual. It only shows (2) fuse panels for my 2020 ( guess I should have looked there first), even though my Connect has almost every bell and whistle available. Main one under the hood, and (1) under the glove box/passenger side. It does have several unused spaces that I can tie into with the right connector/connection. I do agree that running of an aux battery would have its benefits. I might run circuits to run fan off of either. Hopefully this particular fan is pretty energy efficient (cost is $$$).lol.

I planned on tapping into either of the 2 fuse boxes on my '20 cargo van until I looked into them. Just taking the top cover off the engine fuse box was a pain, but after looking at the inside I decided that wasn't the way to go. I ended up putting a fused line directly to the battery, leading to a toggle switch for my front DRL's.

010.JPG