Ford Transit Connect Forum

My new old 2016 TC

mortal

Hallo new member here from Europe - Croatia

I've bought few month ago 2016 TC from Germany with 140000km and i love it. I have a few issues with it. Turbo is gone and i made large service so at start it costed me some money more. But now is working well. It is 1.5 diesel with 120HP.

I have some plans for it that is why i am on this forum. I have model without lcd display just a small one on a radio unit. I would like to change it to something with display but i am not 100% sure. I have parking sensors and parking camera in rearview mirror so it is not a necessary thing to do.

But i do not have a cruise control that bothers me a lot. I need to find out if my body control module has possibility to install Cruise control. i think....

What bother me

The gear ratio is large. It should be less. I was driving before 1.6ecoboost focus and ratio was smaller.

What have i done already

I have bought titanium alu rims from focus and they look great on it.

Roof bars which looks nice.

I have bought armrest.

Led lights everywhere it is possible 

And afcourse i have ordered ST line stripes white, and i am waiting for them to come.

50672344462_c11c568f2d_b.jpg

50672257266_8523a62498_b.jpg

Damn that's a nice house :)

Other than that, you can order a matching 2DIN fascia plate from Aliexpress and fit which ever head unit you like.

The gear ratio is lower due to the van origin, it needs to be driveable fully loaded and/or towing a trailer.

Opposite, gear ratio is longer not shorter. That is why it is weird. Is it possible that Germany models get differet gear ratios?

Thank you for house, this is our business Bed&Breakfast Stancija Ruseti, TC will work there.

I will not buy 2din fascia plate i want to keep OEM look. So maybe headup unit that replaces part where lcd  screen should be like this

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001197425236.html

On 12/2/2020 at 10:37 AM, mortal said:

The gear ratio is large. It should be less. I was driving before 1.6ecoboost focus and ratio was smaller.

The 1.6 Eco has 160 Hp and the new one has 120 Hp  or minus 25-30 % The taller gears are to make it do the job.

Nice looking house and nice looking van

Welcome.

The problem with replacing the radios is that some Ford features are connected to the computer.  New cars make is very difficult to replace the radios.  If you get an upgraded Ford radio from another Transit Connect, it still may not work because the van't computer needs to be reprogrammed to operate with the new radio.  You can install an aftermarket radio, with a lot of features, and it may not work with your van's steering wheel controls.  

It is possible, to get cruise control. Other forum members have done it.  They buy a steering wheel with the cruise control buttons, and activate it using FORScan.  

I haven't seen anyone remap the air/fuel ratio or recalibrate gear shifting with custom tuning.  It is probably possible.  Maybe a shop which offers dyno tuning would help you.  Just haven't heard of anyone trying it.  You are not going to physically regear the front wheel drive transmission.  

Most mods on this van is for appearance.  There are suspension components for changing ride height.  Some mods are functional like cameras and lighting.  But not much you can do about performance and mileage.

I'm one of the guys that added cruise control to my 2015 non-CC van. Bought a correct steering wheel from Ebay (make sure it's the right Ford part number! Another guy learned the hard way recently by buying a full-size Transit steering wheel, looks exactly the same but doesn't work in TC's), then went into the BCM using Forscan and enabled Cruise Control and Adaptive Speed Control; my CC did not work when I only enabled the Cruise Control setting, but does work with CC + ASC enabled, YMMV.