Ford Transit Connect Forum

CPG/LPG Engine Prep Package

amozart

I am about to purchase a Transit Connect. Although I have no immediate plans to convert, I do want to buy the kit just in case I want to upgrade in the future. My dealer doesn't want to sell it to me, saying that it is just a mounting kit and is unnecessary. I think it is in order to have the correct valves.

Also, can you tell me a little bit more about CPG? My dealer says that all the capacity of the van would be consumed by a large propane tank. What I read in other posts seems to indicate that the CPG option would requrie much less space. Any insight that could be provided would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Angela

P.S. I am in California. If CPG is feasible, what do conversions run?

I am about to purchase a Transit Connect. Although I have no immediate plans to convert, I do want to buy the kit just in case I want to upgrade in the future. My dealer doesn't want to sell it to me, saying that it is just a mounting kit and is unnecessary. I think it is in order to have the correct valves.

Also, can you tell me a little bit more about CPG? My dealer says that all the capacity of the van would be consumed by a large propane tank. What I read in other posts seems to indicate that the CPG option would requrie much less space. Any insight that could be provided would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Angela

P.S. I am in California. If CPG is feasible, what do conversions run?

Do your homework here and on Ford's Transit Connect site. Valves are what you get,and, that is important. I paid for it so "Just In Case" I want to convert, I can. Costs are all over the map depending on the type. Some inject the gas, some the liquid. Expect to pay in the $2,000.00 range at this point in time. As more people sign on to it.or, Ford itself gets involved, cost will come down.

Do your homework here and on Ford's Transit Connect site. Valves are what you get,and, that is important. I paid for it so "Just In Case" I want to convert, I can. Costs are all over the map depending on the type. Some inject the gas, some the liquid. Expect to pay in the $2,000.00 range at this point in time. As more people sign on to it.or, Ford itself gets involved, cost will come down.

Thank you!

Hello, I have the LPG/ CNG package for future use, if I decide to convert my TC to liquid propane fuel. The cost in Ontario, Canada is $5000 plus taxes. That is the a average qoute from 3 different installers? No government rebates? But I was told that they remove the spare tire, and mount 2 tanks in that spot. Also mount the filler near the existing fuel filler. Also have to remove the exhuast, and replace them with much better ones, sounds like a lot of money??? But the way the gas prices are going up.... This might really be a bargain???