Ford Transit Connect Forum

2016 Titanium camper build

Hi everyone. New to the forum. Wish I'd found this before i built my camper. There's some great ideas here. My wife, Darlene, and I have been traveling by motorcycle with a sidecar pulling a small tent trailer. We live in Tucson, AZ and now that we're pushing the 70 mark we'd like to ride with some more comfort, like air conditioning! We have owned a motorhome, tent trailer, pop up trailers in the past but have used the bike exclusively for the past 10 years. Since this was supposed to be an upgrade from the sidecar/tent trailer, there were mandatory requirements for the camper build. Air conditioning. We do live in Arizona. A porta potty usable with the camper completely closed up. The biggest bed we could build. I'm over 6 foot. And we wanted a vehicle that was good on gas and We found the 2016 Titanium in Phoenix. It's a restored salvage title so about half the price of others we looked at. Nice to have heated leather seats, air, cruise, back up camera, etc. Not knowing how much we're going to like downsizing our living space (our tent trailer only weighs 325 lbs empty but opened is 6 feet across, 7 feet tall, 12 feet long with a king bed and a 6x6 dressing area with 26 cubic feet of storage) we left as much of the van's interior intact in case we want to remove the camper stuff and make it the 6 passenger van again. Here's the first pics. Used 1/2" birch finished plywood for the floor.

Roxy 2.jpg

Roxy 1.jpg

Roxy 3.jpg

Roxy 5.jpg

Roxy 6.jpg

Roxy 7.jpg

Roxy 8.jpg

Roxy 9.jpg

Roxy 4.jpg

Edited by Paul F
Spelling

• 4 months later...

I have a 2017/18 Long wheelbase Titanium, With the conversion I have I can still use the 2nd row seating or fold the backs down and then have a Very large Double bed or Table and Chairs for 2 or 3 people, Or a Single Bed and still leave the Table and Chairs in place,