Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transit Connect and Transit SWB Camper Kit

• 4 weeks later...

Scanned the interior of my transit connect 2013 van and posted all the scans for free download in the video description. I used an iPhone 12 pro. Previous I purchased a scan for $100 and it didn't have the same quality so I wanted to share it. The video describes how I used the scans to make stringers that contour the ceiling. https://youtu.be/a7wErLfIbyU 

I had no idea (new?) smartphones had that capability. That's nice of you to link your scan for free. When I was looking for a 2D or 3D floorplan, there's was a site I found before I started my build where you could buy a professionally scanned 2014+ model Connect, but I think the cost was $100+ or hundreds IIRC. Just ended up taking measurements to create a rudimentary lower floor model.

I like the jig-saw puzzle joiner technique you used in the first video, are you using CNC router to create wood contours or something else? My woodworking knowledge is kind of basic, so hopefully this is not a dumb question.