Ford Transit Connect Forum

Edit-DONE: WTB Your Gen 2 / 2014+ Busted Manual Driver or Passenger Mirror (Base)

I have the pair of factory 'small' mirrors from my '15 XL sitting in a box, I upgraded to the factory 'large' mirrors. The passenger-side glass has some hairline fractures towards the outer edge, but you have to actually look specifically for them to really even notice when they're on the van, lol. But they'd be great cores for your camera project, though. I see how much mirrors are going for on Ebay, but I'd let them go for like $100 shipped for the pair since I think that's a pretty cool project. Hell, almost makes me want to put cameras back on my project list, but I've got way too many projects (TC & others) as it is! 

Perfect, yeah I know they go for a bit more on ebay probably because their aren't enough of these vans in the junkyards yet, but I appreciate the reasonable price. Didn't expect to get a response right away even, was expecting this post to hang around for months if not longer lol.

Cool, well I'll have to make a post about it as I figure things out then and keep the forum in the loop. I'll DM my paypal address if you want to send an invoice.

I've got a replacement piece of mirror glass for the passenger side on a 2015. Mine had a tiny crack that I figured would eventually get bigger so got a replacement ahead of time. Then I ended up trading it in before I ever got around to repacing it. It's just sitting on the shelf taking up space. PM me an address and I'll send it.

Thanks for the offer Don, but I'm actually looking to remove the mirror portion and will likely end up modifying the plastic mirror bases/cores to incorporate digital cameras in a way that will likely permanently change the mirror mounts. I'm looking for another set instead of modifying my own since I want to keep them as a backup in case this mod doesn't go well, or I don't end up liking the camera & screen mirror replacements.

Alright, mirrors have been picked up by UPS and are on their way! I have a pretty good idea of what you're planning to do & how the mini-stalks "could" look when done, so I'll be keeping an eye out to see how things turn out with your project, lol.