Ford Transit Connect Forum

install rear bench/seat(s) to 2020 Transit Connect Cargo van

Please forgive me if this has been discussed.  This is my first post, and after a search, I did not find the answer.  If it's been discussed, please kindly provide links to those discussions. Thank you!

My question(s): is it possible to install seats (and safety belts) to the cargo portion of a transit connect?  And if so, can you share links/pics?

We're looking at making a mini-camping van, so would prefer to go with the cargo version (not the wagon).  I like that there's no windows in the back of the cargo version, and if we got the wagon, we'd have to rip everything out anyway to do the conversion the way we want.

Yes its possible and been done here by some.  Search for same. '

If you pull up the side plastic trim inside the sliding door (either one) you can see that the footwells (and carpet) like the wagen are there and there is a flat piece that is bolted over that to make the flat floor of the van.  Few bolts to remove that (apparently, I've not done it).

On 10/25/2020 at 12:59 PM, MLB said:

Yes its possible and been done here by some.  Search for same. '

If you pull up the side plastic trim inside the sliding door (either one) you can see that the footwells (and carpet) like the wagen are there and there is a flat piece that is bolted over that to make the flat floor of the van.  Few bolts to remove that (apparently, I've not done it).

Thanks, MLB.  I think I finally found a thread with info on this: