Ford Transit Connect Forum

Accessory plug in back

Hi all. I have a 5 seat Tourneo Connect 2017 that I'm converting into a tiny camper. In the right rear panel near the back window there is a place to add a 12v plug. I've read that Tourneo transits have that pre-wired with the wire taped away somewhere so I was hoping to find a similar wire in my Connect. But I can't seem to locate it. Does anyone know if the wire is always there or will I need to draw power from somewhere else?

Thanks,

Wes

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Passenger side, rear quarter panel. Behind the plastic panel. Opposite of the spare tire kit on the driver's side. A little trap door pops open just like you have for the jack and tire tool.  There is an auxiliary power supply unit. And a body ground. There's a thread on the forum with a few photos.

Screenshot_20201124-001933_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201124-002008_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201124-002019_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201124-002029_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201124-002058_Chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

There is an auxiliary power supply unit.

Still with this assumption? Not all are equipped with the aux fuse panel or even wiring for one. I've shared this pic of my van (2015 XL, dealer-optioned with power locks/windows only) before, lol. Having one certainly would make my life a lot easier with wiring accessories, but oh well. 

IMG_9576_50.jpg

1 of the frustrating issues with Ford is that there are so many variations of the product. Trying to order parts becomes a huge headache.  I always wished that Ford could standardize the product lines. So if you need a rearview mirror, the 1 mirror would work for every Ford. They could do that with things like power window regulators, headlamps, switches, and hardware. Wouldn't it be nice if every Ford had the same drain plug, or lug nut?