Ford Transit Connect Forum

Now that's a roof load!

A few pics from this past weekend. I remember some members had questioned why I put my ladder rack bars at the furthest points from each other - this is why! The plan all along was to get these pallet racks home from work. All told, there was 6x 10ft beams, 4x 12ft beams, 3x 10ft uprights and enough wood to make the 5 shelves with a 3-4" gap between each board when assembled together. This was done in two trips for safety reasons, I didn't want to overload the little van, haha.

First load, all the wood & 4 of the 10ft beams. Second load, all the rest! The little van that could. My drive is only 11.5 miles but 70 MPH speed limit and nothing shifted or did anything unusual/unexpected, just rock solid up there. 

Pallet_Rack01.jpeg

Pallet_Rack02.jpeg

Pallet_Rack03.jpeg

Pallet_Rack04.jpeg

With the exception of that wood load, I strap basically everything down in back. The wood would have just been a PITA to strap, a net would have been needed and I don't think I still have one. Funny thing is that I actually came up with a design for a custom camper build-out in back that would utilize a partition with a window crawl-thru to the bed, lol. I even have the partition, but I randomly carry large cargo sometimes, thus precluding a full build-out in the back. I need to build a cargo rack off the back for random large things like mowers or tillers, so I can do a camper conversion.