Ford Transit Connect Forum

Second Row Seat Weight?

Bluega

Does anyone happen to know or have a vague idea of how much the second row seats way? I'm wondering in particular about the 2/3 bench (larger 2 person seat). I'm trying to get a ballpark idea, plus or minus 20 pounds.

Thanks!

Sam

We have the removable 60/40 bench rear seat in our 2014 SWB van.  I've removed the smaller piece of it several times and it's heavy!  I would guess 50 or 60 pounds for the smaller piece and the larger one has got to be 15 or 20 pounds more than that, so . . . . as a *wild guess* I would say somewhere between  110 and 135 pounds for both pieces.  The big one is heavy enough I've never tried taking it out  -  You'd definitely need two fairly strong guys to get it out and back in again

Don

Edited by Beta Don

I weighed them back in 2015 when I took the 2nd and 3rd row out of my wagon. I didn't write them down anywhere but the number that seems to be stuck in my head is 120#/70# for the 60/40 bench and 50# each for the 3rd row. But it's been 5 years so my memory could be complete fiction at this point.

Thanks Beta Done and DonShockley, that's very helpful. Quite heavy, explains why the cargo version has so much more payload than the passenger wagon! Good chance I'll be pulling it out to save some weight for my campervan build, thanks so much!