Ford Transit Connect Forum

Glutton for punishment

Bobw55

Just bought my 3rd Transit connect.  I have a handicapped person at home, and it is the only vehicle that I can install a ramp onto for her mobility scooter without serious modification.  In fact, once removed, you would never know the ramp was there.

Had a 2015 SWB, 2017 Titanium, and now a 2020 Titanium.

Nothing really new from looks or interior from the 2017 to the 2020.  But techie stuff.  

Adaptive Cruise..... Really like this, will maintain a set following distance from the vehicle in front of you.  I let it go all the way up to a stop light, the transit even started applying the brakes to keep the distance.  I took over once I felt the brakes being applied.

Lane Keeping .  Works as advertised, will even warn you if it senses that you have removed your hands from the steering wheel.   Still not sure about this one, at times I felt like it stiffened up the steering, almost like it was fighting my inputs.  I only had a chance to try it for about 10 miles, time will tell.

Auto Park.   Have not tested this.   Only reason I have it well it came with the vehicle.  I am quite verse at parking, my Dad taught me well.

Have to go back to the dealer:  Like the other models, Global window opening and close is installed in all models with power windows.  It is usually only partially activated in the BCM.  In all 3 of my TC, the windows would open, but NOT close.

I am more after the close in case I leave them open and it starts to rain.  On my 2015 and 1017, took a bunch of convincing to get the dealer to change line 184 in the BCM to read ALL,  once this was done global windows would operate for both open and close.  I do not understand why FORD keeps omitting the closed part.  I have not researched yet to see if this can be fixed on the 2020.

27 minutes ago, Bobw55 said:

Adaptive Cruise..... Really like this, will maintain a set following distance from the vehicle in front of you.  I let it go all the way up to a stop light, the transit even started applying the brakes to keep the distance.  I took over once I felt the brakes being applied.

Lane Keeping .  Works as advertised, will even warn you if it senses that you have removed your hands from the steering wheel.   Still not sure about this one, at times I felt like it stiffened up the steering, almost like it was fighting my inputs.  I only had a chance to try it for about 10 miles, time will tell.

I have these features in my other cars. I use the adaptive cruise all the time, it's great. However, I always turn off the lane keeping features as it really does fight with you trying to follow the exact lane at all times. Normally you would cut some corners and optimize the line you're driving on.

1 hour ago, Don Ridley said:

You can do this with Forscan (free) and a $65 adapter. But there is a small possibility it may not work on the 2020s.

I know on the older models you could.  Waiting to see what I can gleam from Ford.  I have a bad habit of leaving windows open.

1 hour ago, Bobw55 said:

Like the other models, Global window opening and close is installed in all models with power windows. 

Not entirely accurate. My '15 XL has power windows, but only the driver window has a "one-touch" power window switch, so I can't use global windows at all - I've tried, lol. When I checked on the forum here, I found out that both windows need the "one-touch" window switches in order to use global open/close. That was in some thread a year or two back.