Ford Transit Connect Forum

Does anyone sell complete FRONT hub+bearing+knuckles for a 2014?

For the older Connects, Moog makes a complete bolt-on assembly that's the front hub, bearing, knuckle, and ball joint already put together. However, I can't find one for my 2014. I've got to replace a bad front wheel bearing and in this god-awful heat I'd rather push the easy button and just swap a whole assembly on and be done with it. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Edited by williaty

Check a local salvage yard. You can rebuild your existing assembly if the replacement one fails. I did this on a Subaru after first spending hours pressing new bearings without the proper tools. The new bearings failed too soon. I bought a used knuckle for about the price of new bearings. Used knuckle was ok after 50k miles.

I used to own a shop that specialized in working on Subarus. By the time you know a Subaru wheel bearing is bad, it's already destroyed the knuckle. If you don't replace the knuckle along with the bearing and hub, you'll get 10-20k out of the new bearing before it fails again. Replace it all and you'll get 80-100k out of it before it fails. Customers always seemed baffled that they could come to me and suddenly their car would stop needing wheel bearings twice a year after trying multiple times at other shops that were trying to do the work as cheaply as possible.

If I can't find a preassembled kit, I'll just buy the parts and pre-assemble it myself in the air conditioning!

Rockauto sells the empty Motorcraft knuckles, $160/ea. Probably worth the expense to sit inside to assemble, though. Then you'll also have your OE knuckle as a core for next time you need to do a wheel bearing on the same side.

I'm with you on the preloaded/preassembled stuff, though. My right-front strut blew at like 55-60K miles and I replaced both front struts together with the Monroe preassembled struts from Rockauto because I don't own nor want to screw around with spring compressors, especially working outside in Texas summer. And with all the crap that has to come out to replace the strut, I figured I may as well just do both at once and be done with it for awhile. But, I've always been the type that replaces pairs of "wear items" together, especially the little crap like light bulbs.

• 3 weeks later...