Ford Transit Connect Forum

2013 Ford Connect - Need more power *****HELP*****

TAZ

Looking to find out if anyone has tried after market modules that have worked for there van to increase power and increase mileage?

Advise? 

0305201127_HDR.jpg

Edited by TAZ
Urgency

Power comes from burning fuel. Simple physics: more power = less mpg's. Only thing I can suggest is keeping tire pressure at or SLIGHTLY(2-3 psi max) above specification. This should help reduce "rolling resistance".  Any higher psi will cause rapid tire wearout.

Don't know if possible, but some sort of streamlined front cover for your ladders may also help.

Those are all valid comments Gideon. My work is not going to be able to allow me to remove items from the van. My guess is the van is mostly over weight because of the rack system that is in it. At any rate there has got to be a module of some kind to increase power to the van. Looking to see if anyone has modified there van for more power,  throttle response or help getting more torque??

IMG_20191023_104446463_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191023_104509732_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191023_104520573_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191023_104551754.jpg

IMG_20191023_104604327_HDR.jpg

Nice rig. You have a 2 litre rated at 136 Hp, there is no real way to make more Hp with out raising the RPM's or installing some type of forced induction.  Both options will put more stress on the 4 Speed gearbox .

Make sure the cup holders are clear and buy better coffee for the Ride.

• 2 months later...

Judging by the Sortimo layout, yours looks like another former AT&T van, just like mine. I reconfigured the decking to remove the long drawer and get the shelving to the left side only, which also got the RFID system out of the way. That took some of the weight out. I kept the 2 front drawers.

I also scrapped the roof rack, which helped a lot.

BCD59E73-A436-4EC9-81FC-B80B9683FA11.jpeg