Ford Transit Connect Forum

Blinded by the shiny steering wheel. What to do?

I'm annoyed by the shiny parts of my steering wheel and shifter reflecting the sun in my eyes on my 2016 TC. Has anyone figured out a solution for this short of covering it in electric tape? I was hoping someone had a pre cut vinyl sticker or some other clever solution.2016-ford-transit-connect-passenger-wago

i'm about to cut my own from black vinyl or some carbon looking stuff, those refection can be realy enoing going east in the mornings, shifter never did that so far, and i could put my fang on it at that time if it does, have a 2019, and its bad sometimes

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up buying a sample piece of vinyl wrap on ebay. Tracing the areas, messing that up, sticking it on and cutting away some excess.

This is the first go. I might redo it or just say "meh" and live with it.

Based on some focus/fiesta/mustang searches I know I could've removed the air bag and gone for a really complete job but that was more mission creep than I could deal with.

Good enough for now. Might redo later. Happy enough!

IMG_2181.jpeg

IMG_2184.jpeg

IMG_2185.jpeg

• 1 year later...

I noticed the glare shortly after buying my 2018 FTC, bugs the crap out of me and is distracting , going with matte carbon finish.

I'm splurging on a custom steering wheel from https://www.realcarbontastic.com/product-page/2014-ford-transit-connect-custom-carbon-fiber-steering-wheel

Screenshot_20211101-132645_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211101-132638_Chrome.jpg

Edited by GTVan50

YIKES! That's a heck of a splurg. ?

Bugs me too!

I bought some wrap for mine but haven't installed it yet.

I also found a plastic cover on AliExpress that might work. But it doesn't have the cutouts for the circular control buttons. Carbon Fiber ABS Car Steering Wheel Cover Trim Fit For Ford Transit 2017 Tourneo Custom 2016|Interior Mouldings| - AliExpress

Edited by BSJBSJ