Ford Transit Connect Forum

Hello everyone from a new member

Jamie S

Hello everyone. I'm a new member as of today. I hope I'm doing this post correctly. If not, I apologize. I'm currently in the market for a Transit Connect cargo van 2014 or newer to convert to a one person camper. I'm (hopefully) getting close to retirement and want to do a lot of traveling all over North America. I'm planning the van layout and between this site and YouTube, I'm finding a wealth of information to help me. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post and help others. I'll be contacting a few members here with some questions and eventually someday be posting info myself on doing a build to help others. Looking forward to being a member of the community. Thanks.

Jamie S

These were some photos posted in 2016 on the forum that I copied for my own future reference if needed. Unfortunately, I didn't think to make notes on the photos of who the original poster was or a link to the post itself. Nor did I make a note of the model year. I tried to search and find the original source post but I was unable to find it. So with all due apologies to the original forum poster, here are copies of his photos of the area that show the area under the van floor extensions.

TC with floorplate installed.jpg

TC with floorplate removed 1.jpg

TC with floorplate removed 2.jpg

Thanks Don for the pictures. The one with measuring tape shows total depth of a little over 29 cm’s. I would only go down to the top of the first obstruction up so it looks like I’d have at least 8” to 9” depth to work with. That helps with planning. Thanks.