Ford Transit Connect Forum

2020 TC Cargo Sync 3 Touch audio upgrade

Hello all. 2020 TC Cargo that has Sync 3 with the touch screen that looks like a tablet. I'd like to upgrade the speakers. It has door speakers, tweeters and I think a small speaker in the dash.

I'm wondering if I could tap into the existing harness connections to rear speakers that currently don't exist. That's assuming other passenger TC's would have the same system just with missing connections depending on the amount of speakers.

Ultimately my idea is to build a custom bulkhead and mouth enclosed 6x9's on either side. But I don't want to go all out with an aftermarket amplifier if I don't have to. Also upgrade the door speakers and possibly leave the tweeters and dash speakers alone. Haven't decided on that yet.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. Also, anyone have experience with getting to the control unit in the dash? I haven't gotten that far yet.

ba8e2b87-8901-40d7-bb78-4198cff5c6c8.jpg

• 1 month later...

You can change the ACM configuration with Forscan. I think there is a common  base unit in most vehicles. This ACM can be configured for multiple speakers along with other options. Changing the configuration will change the screen interface also. 

Features like HD radio and satellite radio require a new ACM.

The one configuration I needed that did not work on the base ACM was turning on pre-amp outputs. This only works with the upgraded Sony unit.

4 hours ago, Don Ridley said:

Here is the Forscan f150 spreadsheet. See the ACM tab for available options. Don't bother with the other tabs and settings. They DON'T work for the Transit Connect.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/htmlview#

Thanks for this, but it's beyond my scope, LOL. I'm going to stick with my plan and have already scheduled an appointment at an installer's shop for this thursday.

I'll post how things work out.