Ford Transit Connect Forum

Front door latch cable - busted!

JustinVP

After about a year decided to finish off my sound insulation deadening/insulation project, and of course I got a little ham fisted and broke a plastic part taking off the driver-side front door panel. 2016 Titanium Wagon.

Broke this plastic part: the little clip that attaches the cable to the latch. The online manual I bought sucks, so don't have parts numbers or good replacement info.  Can I replace just the cable, or do I need the whole latch mechanism?  Any parts #'s from those of you who have a proper manual/parts diagram would be awesome.

IMG_5122.jpg.d46ab5c9e166929ab0d38d5266861ffc.jpg

Also, any tips on how to elegantly get this piece out would be appreciated! Obviously my "yank on it" method isn't ideal.

This pic is the most detail the service manual provides. Pretty sure it's the brown part I circled. Anyone know if this can be done with the lock mechanism still in the van, or does the whole thing need to come out?  What a PITA!  Shoulda been more careful.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.06510f2a7bce321edc94bd37de0d0b48.jpg

13 hours ago, Don Ridley said:

This post shows how to disconnect the cable from the door handle. The key is to pull straight back along the cable axis on the square collar. 

Nice! Much easier that way.