Ford Transit Connect Forum

'14 1.6 tdci cold start and P2598

Rick4

Hi all! 

I have a '14 Transit Connect with an 1.6 TDCI engine, all ok, but 2 weeks ago began a small issue. If i start it morning, and drive only 500 meters, once  revving over 2000 rpm, i get fault code P2598, van stuck in limp mode, i lost 30% of power.  I know, firstly will be  a turbo actuator, or vacuum ball issue, cracked vacuum hose, or anything under hood,  but not,  if i simply switch car off, restart it, and then all problems gone, works good without any issue  until evening. So i think, there is no turbo actuator problem, no vacuum hose problem, all ok, if i restart the car. In this case it's not will be a temp- related issue, after 500 meters all cold in the engine bay.  What can i do in this case? I can't found noting. Thanks for helping.  

Definition of check engine code P2598:

Generic (Common for all car manufacturers):

Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor A. performance problem signal low

Find the Turbo position sensor and clean the contacts .  If the sensor is a pressure transducer the pressure port could be plugged.  We do not have the Diesel version here so no hands on info.

Edited by G B L

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2020 at 5:58 PM, G B L said:

Definition of check engine code P2598:

Generic (Common for all car manufacturers):

Turbocharger (TC) boost control position sensor A. performance problem signal low

Find the Turbo position sensor and clean the contacts .  If the sensor is a pressure transducer the pressure port could be plugged.  We do not have the Diesel version here so no hands on info.

Thanks, i cleaned all, checked all, can't found nothing, changed pressure valve, changed turbo vane actuator sensor, and then i get error code again. :-))

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 4:26 AM, G B L said:

Do you have a boost pressure gauge, to see what the boost pressure?

You need a good scanner and a road test  data recording  session. My scanner won't reach the EU

I replaced turbo boost control sensor, but same behavior, nothing changed.  The sensor shows to the ecu the actual position, so the vacuum solenoid, and actuator position sensor,  ecm and wiring harness all good, if i start engine, and  stay in place to idling 10 minutes, after temp gauge shows 70+ °C, but if i start car, and driving immediately, i get error code if i push RPM over 2000.  In the hot summer i must re- start within 1 km driving, and it works good until i arrive at home. Next day same. I checked all, but i haven't a good scanner, the secret is an engine temp, over 70+ i can"t get error code. Under after i start car, i get. Thank you for that helping. 

Edited by Rick4
mistyping

• 1 year later...

I just found issue, and solution. At engine rear center has bolt on EGR valve. That valve can be moving helping  with a vacuum membrane, that membrane was worn out, so if screwed a small bolt into that vacuum line end,  to seal vacuum line, and puch back line to EGR vacuum line connector. After that point my P2598 code  goes avay forever, i driven my van cca 4-5000 miles,  but never get any error code or any isse. I started it in really winter conditions, in -8°C, but runs fine after every starting, checked with code reader, don't find any error code.