Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transmission Failures?

zepper

New to site. Such a welcome wealth of information . My question concerns the auto tranny in the TC  2012 .To me ,reading various comments on this and other internet sites, clearly there is a major problem . Based on my reading it seems the auto tranny is the same as that in the Focus - yes ? For the Focus there is a successful class action  for impacted owners . Why does this court decision not apply to the same transmissions in the TCs ? 
Thanks for your input .

I think the issues could be the TC 's is capable of carrying much more weight . This could lead to much more stress on the gear box. If you are reasonable with the demands and good maintenance  is done the transmission will give adequate service

• 6 months later...

Bought a used 2012 XLt, drove it across the US and had problems 300 miles from home. Limped in but made it. The code that came up indicated a "stuck D Shift Solenoid" which could be that or a long list of other things. I had the fluid changed and filter cleaned at my destination but after checking it back in NM, it was obviously old and had not been changed. Watched a few YouTube videos and pulled the pan off and ordered three solenoids to replace. It's recommended that all old ones that are being reused be demagnetized and flushed out if you can find someone to do this. Afterwards, the TCM needs to be wiped (memory) so that the transmission can relearn it's shifting patterns so it needs to be driven slow and easy for a day or so avoiding any jackrabbit starts and peddle to the metal stuff. This is relatively inexpensive and fairly easy to do. Next step if this does not work would be changing the computer, perhaps a used one. Keeping my fingers crossed that this fixes things or it's off to find a used transmission.