Ford Transit Connect Forum

Greetings from the Wiregrass!

elytonobserver

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member and proud owner of a 2019 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van! I have been a Ford exclusive consumer since 1982 mostly owning F-150's with a couple of Explorers and Edge Sports mixed in. Then I got old and intrigued with the R&D of the Focus RS rumored to make its way across the Atlantic in 2014. That's when I began to plan for purchasing a ST for training purposes, then try to find a RS. The ST's kinda racked up a '15, two '16's and finally the last year they were produced a '18. I grew tired of dodging deer, stopping for Armadillo and praying I didn't run over an already dead hog! 

So, I finally employed some wits about me and traded a one trick pony for my ultra versatile FTC! So far I have removed the passenger seat to make room for a cot and portable a/c unit. Paired with a small boat and trailer I am having a lot of fun camping and fishing.

I am excited to read post to get new ideas of how I can further effect mods to get even more enjoyment from my FTC.    

On 4/23/2020 at 4:52 AM, elytonobserver said:

I am excited to read post to get new ideas of how I can further effect mods to get even more enjoyment from my FTC.    

Welcome to the forum and congrats on you new van.

Sharing pics will make it official.

In case you miss this in your readings, there is a great storage area hidden below the front cargo deck. Many of us have captured this area to use for storage. See the thread linked below for ideas. There are a few other threads sharing similar ideas for storage. It's a great mod to do and highly recommend it.

That hidden compartment looks like a great place to mount an AGM battery to power a Fantastick Fan mounted in the roof.  A solar panel to keep it charged up and you'd probably be much more comfortable sleeping when it gets to be a bit warm outside

Don

Welcome and good to see a loyal Ford customer.  My son has an '18 ST which has been a great car for him.  Previous girlfriend complained about it - she fell by the wayside.  I have been super happy with my 2016 TC Titanium which does everything from hauling elderly inlays to grandkids to all kinds of stuff.  LOL way back in the day before CV I would pick the twin grandkids up from school sometimes.  Nobody knows how to deal with a van without power doors.  

My first new car was a Ford Fiesta S in 1978, after that a Merkur XR4Ti and then disaster struck, an '88 Taurus wagon (actually the wife's car) - after that took a break for a while.  I've always liked the European Fords and have desired an RS but at the time had a Honda CBR600RR which was lots of fun.  A couple of time I rode by the junior high school as the kids were arriving - hateful looks from moms, girls mostly didn't notice but most of the boys stared.  Of course I was on my vey best behavior, no wheelies.  

On 4/24/2020 at 7:31 AM, elytonobserver said:

I have turned wrenches @ the dealership level and earned an Associates Degree with Ford Motor Company back in the early 90's.

You could be one of the cheerleaders to make everyone feel good about owning a stock which loses money. They also need you to help sell their junk bonds. I have to admit, that with such low pricing, plus corporate welfare, it's hard to resist buying F stock. 

Screenshot_2020-04-27-07-44-03.png

Edited by Double Nickels

7 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

girlfriend complained about it - she fell by the wayside

My ex thinks the white van is the stereotypical registered offender car. She felt weird and creepy every time I picked her up. Once, she called, and said, "stop driving around the block in circles, you are scaring the neighbors, just park in the driveway, I am almost ready." Errr. .... I ran late at work, and there's a little traffic. I'm still downtown. That's some other parolee felon circling your block in a kidnapping mobile. If he pulls into your driveway, call 911.

you guys are going to have to school me on the correct usage, as well as, the proper etiquette for forumming. Anyways to PhotoAl; I had a chance to purchase a 2017 RS new in mid 2018 (when i got the last ST) WAY TOO MUCH CAR for public roads! Where I live now, as opposed to the largest city where I lived for some time in our state, there are no interstate hi-way systems (yep none, lots of peanuts, corn, cotton....) and no suitable legit racetrack. Sooo, there's just no safe place to operate a piece of performance machinery within limits around here! Please find enclosed pics. You may recognize the backdrop of the 2016 ST. OK, I goofed it. That's my '18 that I traded in for my FTC. AND I've used up my allotted MB's! The pic I wanted you to see was my '16 ST white w/red rally stripes parked on a curb in front of a fairly well known stadium entrance at our states BCS Domination football team. Here's a hint, them stripes wasn't available in Crimson!

To Double Nickels; I am in the process of training my FTC to keep her rpm's up while taking every advantage of employing the disguise of an industrial art's workin van, when I'm actually scouting for new fishing spots!    

20200208_062406.jpg

20180705_204105355_iOS.jpg