Ford Transit Connect Forum

central locking

SHEAMUS

Hi

I have a 2010 transit connect.  The front doors unlock with the key fob but no other doors.  I can open the sliding from the inside but when shut it locks automatically.  I can also unlock the rear doors from inside manually.  When I re-lock with key fob again, only the front doors lock and the back doors stay unlocked.  

I would be grateful for any ideas?

Thanks

Sheamus

Sounds like it may be programmed as a fleet vehicle to not unlock the back with the "regular" unlock button on the remote. I don't know what the gen-1 remote/key looks like, but gen-2 has two unlock buttons on it - one regular button and one rear-doors button. A lot of fleets will have the rear doors programmed for the second button only so the driver doesn't accidentally unlock the rear and potentially have theft of product from unknowingly leaving it unlocked. The good news is that this can easily be programmed in a few minutes of time - once you have the right equipment - using ForScan (search the forum, tons of posts already about the software) so the rear doors will unlock with the normal button on the remote like non-fleet vehicles. I believe that will probably be found under BodyCM (As Built) module when you have the ForScan software and an OBDII adapter module, which plugs into the port under the dash.