Ford Transit Connect Forum

Hi from west Michigan

Dumptruckz36

I'm happy to introduce myself and my New 2016 TC Titanium LWB.  My wife and I recently had a daughter so we needed a family hauler.  Only 16k miles on the clock when we bought her in mid January. She's a beaut!

We are very happy with her so far and have decided to name her Vanna Gray.  Leather seats, Sync 3 with navigation, trailer package. Now I need something to tow!

I look forward to keeping her nice and clean, plus a few tasteful modifications.

image.jpeg.6b5bcbf6230d24fa31ace911d988ea08.jpeg

image.jpeg.739af5540c5c314056555c18e708e83e.jpeg

image.jpeg.ea971415cfbcae093d187572abb2556e.jpeg

image.jpeg.d43bef5004e7d97afd40c2e1832a07c0.jpeg

image.jpeg.b2fd202fcc207fb859daf54fd47b4929.jpeg

image.jpeg.1a60f02f029492cbdba1e91eaa95337f.jpeg

And here is what I traded in.  My 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis that I had for 9 years.  I loved that car but we needed something with more space and that gets better MPG.

image.thumb.jpeg.e87faab68f171551c70d87422cfc2a5a.jpeg

Edited by Dumptruckz36

Welcome.  Its a great van I have the same year and trim level but I have the ever popular creeper white :-)  It's great for hauling stuff.  Got mine 2 1/2 years ago to haul inlaws, grandkids and my scooter (a real scooter not a mobility scooter).  It has done all of that and more.  Have 6 yo twin grandkids and they love it.  Biggest drawback is folks in the carpool line don't know what to do about a van without a power sliding door!  My daughter has a Honda Odyssey with all the power stuff but the TC handles much better.  The headroom in the TC is fantastic and really nice when putting a little one in and out of the car seat.  Another thing I had in mind was hauling my in-laws around.  My father-in law had terminal prostate cancer and the last three months of his life the TC was the perfect vehicle to haul him and everyone to the hospital and doctors appointments.  He has been gone a year and now mother-in-law who is 91 with very bad arthritis.  She either rides with my wife in her Smart car or I take her in the van.  Van is perfect as the seat height is perfect, not up or down and cost to the door.  Very easy in and out and her walker is easy to stow either in the back or next to her.  It will haul either one of my scooters even without taking out the back seats although I usually do to get the extra headroom and lower the load height.  I have enjoyed the navigation system although it is probably time to update the maps.  I have the WeatherTech matts for the front and middle seats as well as the big matt that goes over all the seats when they are folded flat.  For hauling the scooter I take out the rear seats, put the mat down with a 3x3 piece of MDF on top.  MDF is good for when I put the scooter on the center stand.  

My father-in-law had several Grand Marquise over the years.  However yours looks like the one with some extra grunt.  Several years ago I was taking photographs at a BMW track day.  One of the instructors had a rental Crown Vic.  Somehow they conned the track folks into letting him take it out with four guys all wearing white shirts, black coats and ties and black helmets.  He was a very good driver and it was quite a sight.  A few places I was sure the inside rear wheel would lift but it never did.  After that the track said never again!  Im sure the rental company had no idea what had been one with their car but ay have wondered why the tires were so worn.  :-)

Ohh lets see. The MGM had 2010 Mustang GT wheels with REALLY sticky Pirelli tires, dual flowmaster exhaust, upgraded intake, and P71 suspension (mostly to keep the ass from sagging, but it helped with handling too). 

It still wasnt fast or track ready by any means, but it was great for cruising and sounded awesome!

Edited by Dumptruckz36