Ford Transit Connect Forum

Ability to lock keys in car

Hello everyone.  I have 2017 Connect with about 60K in it.  I have a few issues which I believe are all connected.  First the keys can be left in the ignition switch, the door opened and it doesn't chime to alert you the keys are in the ignition.  Second the owners manual says if you try to manually lock the door with the key in the ignition the doors will lock but unlock quickly.  This is not the case.  It just locks.  Third the radio stays on until it times out after 20 minutes or so.  Getting out and locking/setting the alarm doesn't shut the radio off.  Any ideas guys?

I'm thinking the door module,  too. Although, my van will chime at certain times when the key is still in the ignition, but not always. For example, I can open the door and it won't make a sound, but if the door is half-latched (say, I didn't push hard enough to close it all the way), then it will start beeping at me. My radio also quit staying on after turning off the ignition, but it's easy to turn it back on for an hour after turning off the key. 

There is no "door switch" the old way most of us are used to them, though. It's now part of the latch assembly (which runs through the door module), rather than being a separate plunger switch in the door frame. 

Thanks guys.  The dome light does go on and off normally when the drivers door is opened and closed.  However the door ajar on the instrument cluster comes on for all other doors except the drivers door?  I don't get it.

Since the dome light works, I think the door switch (integral to the latch) is good. The door module sends messages over the MS-CAN about the lock status, door switch status etc.. The MS-CAN wiring should be OK since the lights work. So something is not sending or receiving messages about the other functions: door chime, door ajar etc. The Body Comm Module (BCM) processes all information regarding interior switches and instrumentation. You may have a problem in the BCM or the door module. This may be a problem only a dealership can fix (especially if they need to reflash the BCM or door module).