Ford Transit Connect Forum

2015 Windshield Wiper Problem

Hello. Just found this forum and need some help. I have a 2015 XLT long wheelbase and replaced the left strut. I could not get the wiper arms off the shafts, tried everything. Of course I moved the arms up, down, sideways, pulled, beat, and anything imaginable. Finally unbolted the left motor bracket and moved it enough to get at the strut bolts. Now the problem. When the wipers are on pulse or just hit for mist the right arm will stop at extended. If on delay when the next cycle goes the arm will come back down. If I hit mist, mist must be hit again to make it come back down. I did not remove the bracket or motor from the right side. Searching this forum I did not see anything related to this problem unless I missed it. I did read some things related to the BCM. Does something need reprogramming? Thanks in advance for any help in solving my problem.

Here is the Forscan procedure. TC and Focus are there same for this function.

Maybe the calibration will reset whatever is causing the problem? I don't know.

Forscan has a learning curve and you need an adapter. Details are discussed in this forum and any Focus forum.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:24 AM, Don Ridley said:

Forscan is hacked software

No, it's more like "automotive enthusiast community created" (via a group of beta developers & programmers) software because no - zero - "hacking" of any other program was done to create FORScan. Just because something is not made by a "company" doesn't make it "hacked".