Ford Transit Connect Forum

Cool orange repeaters.

For anyone that wants for the look of the orange side markers without the cost, there's a seller on Ebay selling these babies for $21 American, all in. They're not OEM, but the quality seems to be on point. They shipped from the UK to my door on the East Coast in 7 days and I'm happy with em. Not tryna shill, just wanted to share. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143442603639

Seller name eurowagensltd1 

photo_2020-01-03_18-25-34.jpg

photo_2020-01-03_18-25-29.jpg

Ah. One of those. Like the rear backup lights I found on mine that apparently snuck thru customs ...

Undocumented feature on a lot of the earlier TCs imported to the states. Turn the light switch all the way to the right and see if it pulls out, then check the lower rear lights. Surprise!

rear-fogs.jpg

10 hours ago, sKiZo said:

Ah. One of those. Like the rear backup lights I found on mine that apparently snuck thru customs ...

Undocumented feature on a lot of the earlier TCs imported to the states. Turn the light switch all the way to the right and see if it pulls out, then check the lower rear lights. Surprise!

That's not "snuck through", lol. I believe all or most US TC1's have rear fog lights, I've heard of it on quite a few. TC2's only have a single filament bulb in that position AND the wiring/socket only supports a single filament, so we don't have rear fog lights. That said, I have thought about finding the right dual-filament socket and adding rear fog lights with my own wiring & switch. I'm in rural Texas and the fog can be pretty dense at times, but it doesn't slow down most drivers - they're still doing 70+ MPH posted speed limit, haha. Fortunately, I'm so rural that I only see a handful of vehicles in my 11.5-mile commute, anyway, and most are heading east towards DFW while I head west. 

Seems to me they use a standard bulb, and I've been told the main difference is the lens - that's supposed to concentrate the light straight back and I know it's a different shade of red, probably made to show up better in low visibility. Not sure just changing the bulb will give you real fog lamps. Couldn't hurt to try though. If you go dual element, maybe use a red bulb instead of clear? I use those on the bike and they definitely show up. Get good ones like Bosch as some of the cheap knockoffs are just painted and won't keep color long.

51dfLRaekzL._AC_UL160_.jpg

That said, I like having them ... a bit more piece of mind as we get a lot of fog in the area when the weather goes weird.

22 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

You could just add a brighter LED bulb.

Already running 100% LED in back. But, it's the same wattage or at least lumens as the upper running/tail lights. May be something for me to at least look into, though. Not high-priority since dense fog for my area is typically only a handful of times per year. 

Odd, looking through my emails for the Amazon or even Ebay receipt, I am only finding one pair of red LED's and one pair of amber LED's for the rear upgrade, so I don't recall what brand bulbs I'm running in the lowers. Apparently I'll have to pull a taillight off soon so I can see what's actually in there, lol. I could have sworn I converted all the bulbs in back, but I wonder if I forgot to do the bottoms (I would have been double-checking what type they are before ordering) - but at least they aren't burnt-out, I walked behind the van just this morning with the lights on.

From what I recall, different LED are available to fit that socket.  Some LED are brighter, some have brighter chips, some have more chips.

Something like this should work. It will be very bright, all the time.  

PSX_20200110_163805.jpg

PSX_20200110_163603.jpg

PSX_20200110_163519.jpg

Edited by Fifty150