Ford Transit Connect Forum

2013/gen1 TPMS issue

cosmicray

@Beta Don What you’re saying about the cross-threading makes sense.  I’m just glad simple lug nuts are all I need!  The new rims do look better, though I wasn’t particularly going for an upgrade. These were cheaper than steel wheels. 

The new chrome lugs should improve the look, too. Now all I need are some 63mm center caps. 

Top photo is with stock steel wheels.  Bottom shows the alloys off a 2003 Windstar. 

33772557-82CC-4450-B84B-371416035456.jpeg

531EB311-8652-4CC5-974E-F38C40C31510.jpeg

Your Windstar wheels are supposed to have these hubcaps, not 63mm center caps. USB30FOV243E0101.jpg

@G B Lunit-bearing hubs are not "serviceable" items for generally any vehicle that uses them; whether it's studs, sensors or the bearings, they're meant to be replaced as a whole unit. So nobody will have "Transit Connect press-in lug studs" in their computer system. It would be up to the vehicle owner to measure all the important aspects of the stud and then find appropriate lug studs with matching measurements (aside from longer length) "advertised" for some other vehicle, instead. 

1 hour ago, bu11frogg said:

@Beta Don @jrm223 Yup, those are the rims in all their minivan glory!  Haha!

They didn’t come with the covers and the best price I could find was $60 for a set.  To me it’s not worth it; I don’t think they look that great. I’ll be happier with plain chrome center caps...$52 happier. ?  

IMO, $60 would make a $200 improvement in the way they look on your van  -  As it is, they scream "SOMETHING IS MISSING HERE!!"

Don

I'm sure you're right!  I just don't have a lot of cash to play with, and just as happy with less than perfect.  Mainly I wanted to save the $100 every fall and spring to mount tires to rims...I would've been OK with another set of steel wheels if I could've gotten them for the right price.  I've made bigger mistakes!