Ford Transit Connect Forum

Mechanical problems 64plate ford connect

Bootsylad

The first time I had a problem it started when the battery died so I bump started my van.... soon after this the radiator fan stayed on when the engine was off and was in over drive (noisy) never done this before. Soon after this I noticed oil pouring down the head lights. I am assuming pressure built up somehow and it fired out of where the dip stick is onto the bonnet and down the lights. 

the garage couldn’t find any faults and cleaned it up.

a few months on the battery has died and I bumped it off again. the fan has gone wild again... the oil hasn’t popped again but I think it may be next.

any ideas of what is going on? I am not mechanically minded whatsoever so any help would be appreciated 

Yes it does. Oil accumulates in turbo tubing and once it popped it threw out everything there was. After that it just smudges the crack (um, heh) continously but does not drip or spray as it's just mist.

Anyway, you need to find the crack, start with the flex hoses.

Edited by mrtn

Your battery has 'died' (twice) and both times, you've had problems after you bump started it.  Going forward, I would make sure I always kept a good battery in it . . . . even if that means buying a new one every 2 or 3 years . . . . before it 'dies' on you again

Don