Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transmission failure and replacement question

SNoova

Hello

2012 ford transit connect 

115k miles

yesterday I started having an issue with my car revving high, unable to reach high speeds, and shifting only up to 2nd gear. Took to a mechanic and they diagnosed a full rebuild Of the transmission, estimated at 3000$. They pulled codes P0571 and P0972 which are associated with this TSB bulletin. https://www.tsbsearch.com/Ford/14-0002

I was wondering if this seems a reasonable price for the work? Also if anyone has had a similar issue and had a cheaper work around? I do not have the tools or knowledge to change it myself and the shop said they don’t do parts a customer brings in due to liability issues. 

thanks in advance for all the info and help. 

122F5F0E-D5F0-4F7D-B3D5-6A4B8AECE38A.png

5 hours ago, SNoova said:

the shop said they don’t do parts a customer brings in due to liability issues. 

Normal and it's BS.  They want to make a profit selling the part to you.  A lot of mechanics won't install anything that they don't get to mark up.  There's more than one shop in your area.  Get more than 1 bid.  Some transmission sellers online have a reciprocal local shop and the transmission can ship directly to the shop.