Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 Titanium after market dash kit?

Banjeed

Hi, sorry if this has been posted before, but I can't seem to find any info here.  I just joined the club and am looking to upgrade my head unit.  When I search Metra and other online retailers, I only see dash kits which have a space for the small LCD like this one.99-5831B_web.thumb.jpg.c148f886a3e86cd837f51601242ef1a7.jpg

My head unit looks like this ... image.png.436608d8a5f2a99092f001f7284c2c9b.png

Anyone have any idea what I'm missing here?  I see lots of pictures online of my head unit, is it possible nobody makes an aftermarket double din dash kit?

Thanks much

Your head unit with that screen and the controls will come out.  The new dash kit will install a conventional double din head unit.  You will need the dash kit which does not have a cutout for the smaller display screen.  It will only have an opening for the double din stereo you want to install.  Now good luck with getting everything OEM to work with your new aftermarket head unit.  You'll probably lose back up camera display, and other OEM information.  Your OEM head unit is designed to work with the car and it's various computers and controls.  Just think that everything which you can do with the OEM unit, will be lost, and you will gain whatever your new head unit offers.

CARAV 11-615 Car Radio Installation Trim Fascia Panel27%20FORD%20TRANSIT%20CONNECT%20PIONEER%20PIONEER%20X5800%20DAB%20RADIO%20&%20REVERSE%20CAMERA.jpg