Ford Transit Connect Forum

Doors/lights connection

petermbooth

I've got a 2018 TC Cargo model and when any door is opened, the exterior lights illuminate (and the interior lights also). I am planning on doing some camping which will include a tent that will be connected to my van.  So the rear doors will be open for several days. This means a bunch of the lights will be on for several days. Is there a way to turn off the "doors open = lights on" feature of the Transit Connect?

There are two ways to handle this .  A temporary fix is to push the turn signal lever toward the Dash this will switch off the lights.  It will reset when the doors are closed and then opened.  There is a programing fix that has been discussed in another thread.  I  will check and see if  I can dig it up. 

On 11/30/2019 at 2:50 PM, petermbooth said:

This means a bunch of the lights will be on for several days. 

Just as an FYI, no they will not. They turn off after 10 minutes, lol. But, definitely do the Perimeter Lights disable if you want them permanently off, I love it. 

• 4 months later...

I wanted to update this thread in case others come here looking for this solution.  The site posted by phollenback was THE answer!  I did the whole process and encountered a few small hiccups that I was able to navigate. Here are my notes:

Issue: At the very beginning when I hit Connect to connect the computer and then van, I got a message "No ELM found. Please check connection and try again".

Solution: I went into Settings (big gear on the left), chose Connection in the Tabs above and switched from Auto to wifi...no luck. Then I switched to COM and they connected.  So I had to tell the software that the computer and van were talking through my USB port.

Issue: Then down the road a bit, when the software went to download the driver from the internet, it didn't work. Kept loading 2% and then kicking out the message "Loading SBL failed". 

Solution: On a whim I went back to Settings--> Connection and put it back to wifi.  Re-ran the procedure and BOOM down from the internet everything came.

Everything else worked from that point forward.