Ford Transit Connect Forum

OEM (stock) tint % on passenger/wagon?

OEM factory dark tint is typically in the 20-25% overall range. The front light tinted windows will be around 70-75%, so a 35% film will generally get you about 30% overall light blockage in front. (Percents are not added up when layered, the factory windows allow about 70% through and then the film allows only 35% or whatever of what gets through the factory light tint)

?

The tint film is readily available, and your options are either having it done professionally, or doing it yourself. First thing I'd do is take a straight edge to the glass and see how if it's got any complex curves to deal with - that can be tricky to deal with, but there, a heat gun and patience will usually win the day. Probably not a bad idea to get an extra roll for those ooPs moments. 

PS ... there's ways around complex curves too. This one was a real PITA, so I went with a tint "decal" that gives enough coverage to kill any heat buildup and add privacy. 

Thanks guys. I'll definitely have it done professionally rather than using my TC as a learning course. 25% front is the darkest legal tint allowed in my state, rear windows can have limo tint if it's an SUV or van... sedans are limited to 25%

I think 35% tint for the front will be just right. I rarely drive at night... especially during winter months.