Ford Transit Connect Forum

Parasitic draw (couldn’t find the proper topic forum)

I have a parasitic loss somewhere. I did the multimeter test and only had .003 showing so I know that’s not enough to kill the battery after 2 min use days

Alternator I’m assuming at this point although I’ve had no charging issues, I heard the diodes get bad in these

anyone else been here? What about the wiring to the alternator that I’ve heard of as Well

Thanks 

If the draw is 3 milli amps then yeah you probably dont have a parasitic draw.  How did you perform this test?  

Dont overlook a bad battery, whats the voltage 20 minutes after you shut the engine off?  A dead or shorted cell sometimes have you thinking the battery is ok but it will never start after sitting a few minutes

With All the modules in the  TC there is definitely a draw on the battery.  The fact that you have to reset the radio and the clock if you disconnect the bat tells you that.  

If you have a dead or shorted  cell will definitely have an effect on  the voltage , the sitting voltage will be low and the charging voltage will be hi.

• 2 years later...