Ford Transit Connect Forum

Steering Wheel Extension (longer column)?

Bluega

Does anyone know of a way (or company that can do it) to extend the steering wheel on the Transit Connect? I'm tall and push the seat all the way back but my arms aren't that long so I have to slouch forward to reach the stearing wheel even when it's telescopsed out all the way.

Thanks,

Bluega

Edited by Bluega

I've never hears of such a modification.  You might be able to find a car builder who is willing to fabricate something for you.  As far as being able to buy something, there is nothing on the market for that.  Not for any car, as far as I know.

Are you tall or are your legs too long?

Although I'm only 5'9,I have a similar problem.Either my legs are scrunched up or my arms are stetched out.I love my TC but it is the most uncomfortable vehicle I have ever driven on long trips.

I am thinking of adding a 2 in lift to the drivers seat.My torso is not so tall that I'll bang my head getting in or out.

I'm 6'7". I put the seat all the way back to get enough legroom but then I find the stearing wheel is too far away. This is the case for me on pretty much any car. I've heard about stearing wheel extensions elsewhere, and sounds like a lot of work that perhaps a job shop could do. I thought I'd ask specificaly here on the Transit Connect forum in case anyone has heard of anything.

Thanks