Ford Transit Connect Forum

Do Not Buy

Double Nickels

As I am frugal, I browsed tires on eBay.  Not used. Just new tires. Great prices if you don't mind a 16 year old tire.  It won't matter when the tread splits on the freeway, you get a blowout.......Car manufacturers say that tires are good for 6 years. Tire manufacturers say 10 years. This tire was manufactured during the 24th week in 2003.

Screenshot_20191018-232741.png

Really good tires are cheap insurance  -  They're cheaper than repairs after a lesser tire puts you off the road at high speed.  You can buy good tires or you can buy new fenders & repaint them . . . . if you're lucky enough to still be right side up after you hit the ditch

Buy generic canned goods, generic clothes, generic anything you like to save money, but buy new, first rate tires and save money elsewhere

Don

2 minutes ago, mrtn said:

Why do these particular tires even exist as of 2019.

Probably because someone bought them for even less, and knows that someone will eventually buy it on eBay.  I have seen crazier things on eBay sell for more money.

1 minute ago, zalienz said:

In some states, it's not even legal to sell them after 6 years of production, for good reasons. Don't cheap out on tires.

It's a free market online.  In CA, Valvoline is not allowed to sell MaxLife ATF as "recommended for" Mercon V.  

In this case, caveat emptor prevails.  The seller openly listed the item's DOT code.