Ford Transit Connect Forum

rear door not locking

hello people, so i have a 2014 T.C 240 L2 panel van and recently discovered the rear door doesn't lock, it clicks like it locks tho and all other doors lock ok, so far i have bought and replaced with a used latch off ebay but same  problem, so in my research i've read about the earth signal wire being the culprit, i have checked as much of the wires i can see/get to but cant find any damage

I have reached my limit of confidence but i have a multimeter and i have read its a yellow/orange wire, and bcm pins 47-C2280B & 12-C2280E,

Could someone please confirm im in the right direction? and maybe walk me thru next steps? i would be extremely greatful 

Attached is the wiring diagram for a 2016 with barn doors. It should be the same for your 2014. I don't have barn doors on my TC but looking at the diagram here's how they work.

Pressing the button on the door activates the Release Relay in the BCM. 12V is sent to the motor to open the door. The ground on the motor passes through the door lock. If the door is locked the ground is open and the latch won't open.  I would troubleshoot by measuring for voltage and ground on the door latch.  Pin 1 =+ 12V (when button pressed) and Pin 2 = GND.  

FOE on the drawing denotes European spec vehicles and FNA is for North American (I think).

barn door locks.pdf

The door is opening but not locking, correct? The problem is likely in the door lock. My TC has a liftgate and it doesn't have a separate door lock mechanism.

But 3.9V is strange. You may be measuring wrong. Anyway, is there a separate door lock mechanism? I haven't found one in the service manual. I'll keep looking.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:58 PM, Don Ridley said:

Yeah it shuts ok but doesn’t lock even tho it clicks, I did replace the lock already but granted it was a used one from eBay,

i put the volt meter in pin 1 and 2  to test also pin 1 and body ground, 

two other things I’ve noticed that could be related are the clock is losing time and is driving in the dark with headlights on, the stereo unit (presets numbers etc flicker

The voltage between Pin 1 and GND should be 12V briefly when the door is opened. The motor is working so there must be enough voltage to operate it so this is not the problem.

The flickering headlights and clock problem are likely related to the lock problem. I don't have a schematic of the door locks. I think they are controlled by a module (computer) in the front door. It is possible that a voltage fluctuation is causing the module to act erratically. Check the battery connections. Check the ground connection to the frame (next to the battery). If your battery is 4+ years old it probably needs to be replaced. A bad battery or fixing a bad connection may be the cause of all these problems.