Ford Transit Connect Forum

hub cap suggestions

Willie

I'm still running the stock hubcaps, but continue thinking about adding aluminum wheels just to spice it up a bit.

Problem is, I'd end up with useless stock, steel wheels I couldn't give away. I've tried selling stock rims before, but nobody wants them.

A recycling center was my only option.

Did anyone every figure out the correct offset for the TC?

Edited by Timbo

• 2 years later...

I'm curious what you guys do with your stock steel wheels when you upgrade to something new. 

Do you recycle them, or keep them?  Toss 'em?

I'm just wondering if I should hang onto them in case I sell the van, or consider them, as I generally do, heavy, bulky stuff I have to store someplace.  

My local recycling center pays $60 a ton for steel.  I'm not sure how much the stock rims weigh, but I'm guessing I wouldn't get more than a couple of bucks out of them.

Might not even be worth the cost of gas it would take to drop them off at the center.  

13 hours ago, mdarren said:

I like it. Can't go wrong with black wheels.

Unfortunately, that particular model is no longer in production....  So I ordered a set of these.  

I'm generally not a huge fan of generic-looking 5 spoke wheels, but at least they're black.  :spend:

Now if I can just figure out how much to ask for my stock wheels and hub caps (no tires).  

fullsizeoutput_5c0.jpeg

It just seems like everybody has 5 spokes on their cars.  I figured 7 spokes would look a little more unique.  

6 spokes would work too, but no more than 7.  Some of the designs I saw were way too "busy".  

Those wheels you've got (had) look sharp, but I think my white van is going to look better with black rims than it would if they were shiny.  

Edited by Timbo

The steel wheels are about $60.00 new from a place like Tirerack, use that as a guide.  In my case I had factory alloys , when I put a set of winters on I looked into steel wheels.  As it turned out Tirerack  had a nice looking set of Alloys for $75 .00 as a close out.  I now have two sets of Alloys and no hub caps.

On 1/30/2018 at 4:54 PM, Timbo said:

I'm going to list them at $160 for all four + caps, and see how it goes.  

Then again maybe not.  It turned out to be easier just to let America's Tire dispose of my stock, steel rims (no charge).  

Tomorrow, when I have light and a better background than my driveway,  I'll get some pics of the new look.  

I can't find the comment / reply now, but someone said I could get little, black, plastic caps to fill in the extra holes in the wheels.  

The rim I bought didn't show more than 5 lug holes on the website, but once they were on the van, I noticed that they have 10 holes, which I think looks kind of cheap.  

It would be great if I could cover up the extra lug holes in the wheel.  

• 1 month later...

I haven't received my '18 FTC yet, but I'm already shopping for allow wheels for April '19. I'll use the steelies for my snowtires. Stock hubcaps just scream "CHEAP!!" on the XL.

RTX has the plugs you need for the extra bolt holes. I'm sure other distributors do, too.

I wish all mag wheel websites were as organised as Tirerack. Enter the size & they show you the 32 wheels that fit. I went to one site where I had to click on all 156 wheels on the site to find that they only had two with 5x108 & 16" diameter...

Tirerack has good prices up front until you figure in the $274.18 shipping charge to get 4 rims to Canada.

GK

Hey you could always take a road trip to Tire Rack, Windsor CT.  A short mini vacation and 4 rims as a souvenir  !!

I used tire rack to source the  Winter Alloy's for mine great deal good fit no extra holes to Plug.

Edited by G B L