Ford Transit Connect Forum

2012 High Beam Problem

Hello All my name is Dave i just purchased a nice low mileage 2012 connect and have been fixing all the small issues , but there is one that has me baffled ? 

i have come here to join this site in hopes someone has had this problem and i can figure it out with out going to the stealership :)

so my high beams will not work ? the high beam indicator comes on and i hear the relay click to the left of the steering wheel in the fuse box area , i replaced the high beam relay under the hood in that fuse box and the bulbs check good with tester but no high beams ?

i don't know what else to look for ? fuses are all good .

Thanks to anyone for ideas that may help .

Dave .

The low beams stay on . i have been trying to find a wiring diagram on line for the headlight system but not found anything yet . 

ya i think your right i will back check the system starting at the bulbs and find where it lost it's voltage . i get not click on the high beam relay .

thanks for the reply .

Dave  .

You dont get a click from the relay?

Sounds like that is the problem, test the voltage at the coil side if that switches from low to high when you pull or push the stalk on the steering wheel.  Also maybe get an alligator clip or flat spade connectors on both sides of a jumper wire and take the relay out and jump the contact side of the relay to see if the lights will turn on.