Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014 Transit Connect Front Wipers not working

opburg89

Hello all, 

I have a 2014 Ford Transit Connect. The front wipers quit working a couple months ago the rear wiper works just fine. I originally took the van to the local Ford dealer and they said that the wiper arm switch was defective and needed to be replaced. The arm switch was replaced and the front wipers still do not work. I have checked the main fuse supplying voltage to the front wipers and it appears to be fine. You can grap the wiper arms and move without resistance. I appears the 2014 models use individual wiper motors so one would think that since neither wiper works both motors would not be bad? Looking online it also seems that there is a Wiper control pulse module some where in the system which controls the front wiper motors? I have been trying to find a wiring schematic which might show the control circuit of this system and help in trouble shooting continuity and voltage checks. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gen 2 definitely does use individual wiper motors - and they have to be pulled out when you need to do front struts, so look forward to that one ? Guess how I know, lol.

Anyway, when I put mine back in, I had a bunch of trial & error to get the arms lined back up on the motors & functioning properly. When you start the van, the BCM does a brief wiper self-test which verifies the down position, you could put the wiper arms into the up/vertical position on the windshield (make sure to offset them so the passenger side comes down first), then turn on the key to see if the self-test brings them to the down position like it's supposed to. I'm guessing y'all already checked every fuse just to make sure nothing is blown, yea? 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for every ones assistance. As an update I do have 12-Volts available at each wiper motor connection plug, but wipers will not work or move to park position if moved when vehicle is turned off and  turned back on....I am taking a look at Don's motor pdf to see if this might help troubleshooting....Thanks and will any update progress.