Ford Transit Connect Forum

Toaster? Nah, couldn't be!

Fifty150

On 8/24/2019 at 3:26 AM, mrtn said:

Hilarity continues:

https://www.jeeps.net/threads/how-i-determined-that-i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-part-2.2823/

He has a 1047-post thread dedicated to him here: https://www.jkowners.com/forum/chit-chat/200698-angry-red-birdie.html

None of us will ever reach this level of fame.

This should provide for an amusing day... Hahaha! I can say that I don't miss having him around, having to explain simple things like 5 different ways and he still never understood! 

5 hours ago, jrm223 said:

, having to explain simple things like 5 different ways and he still never understood! 

That could amusing. Like explaining to a child why the grass is green.

Most of us missed all of that.  Maybe we should invite him back.  

I'm just befuddled how long this has been going on and he still does the same ole crap! These Jeep ones go back 5+ years already, then we had him like a year or two ago. One thing I noticed is his comments about his "username being hacked" blah, blah, blah - I remember him pulling that same crap here, too. Yep, hackers are just out to get him everywhere he goes; or maybe the same hacker has been obsessed with him for many years and hacks him at all the forums? lmfao

I don't know what response to give this, other than "Wowww...." 

For reference, his reply was to a guy that had a steering pull to the left on a Jeep JK and it's post #311 in that 42-page (1047-post) link that MRTN put up above.

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird 

Possibilities.. Have you checked the the left front brake, have the brakes been bled.. are the brakes worn.. have this jeep been in an accident.. IE jeep is used without the proper carfax to reflect any structural damage. Has the 4wd hi or low been completely disengaged..

One Possible Fix.. Electrical.. disconnect the battery, clean both terminals.. wait 15 mins, reconnect. reasoning.. the brake system is connected via the battery thus being electrical.

Steering pulls to the left? Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes, it'll get cured right up! Fifty150, man, don't even joke about trying to bring him back here! lol

9 minutes ago, mrtn said:

Nooo, then I would have to leave (again), for being a foreigner on an American server.

Ironic, since Toaster/Angry Red Birdie/et al had to join an Australian Jeep forum after getting banned from nearly all the American forums, back before his FTCF days, lol. 

2 hours ago, jrm223 said:

Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes, it'll get cured right up! Fifty150, man, don't even joke about trying to bring him back here! lol

He did advise to clean the terminals??????

Point taken.  None of us would disconnect the battery without 1st plugging in a memory save device.  Wouldn't want to lose all the presents on the radio buttons.  

2 hours ago, jrm223 said:

Toaster/Angry Red Birdie/et al 

And that is a red color car.  

Suspect was seen North-bound on Bayshore, in the no. 2 left turn lane, at the corner of Geneva, where Brisbane, Daly City, and San Francisco all border.  Last seen turning left onto West-bound Geneva, entering Daly City.  

That's a Cali plate, yea? Either it's not the same Toaster, or he & wifey moved. Those Jeep threads from 4-5 years ago have him living near Annapolis, Maryland - he surprised another member in a mall parking lot one day, along with his wife... That other member (handle Jeep Momma) reports that she's been carrying mace everyday since that "coincidental" parking lot meeting and some continued cyber-stalking of her blog...

Strange coincidence, maybe.  Confirmed sighting in California.  Another red toaster.  

I'm not worried. He can confront all of the thousands of white Transit Connects in Northern California.  Mostly driven by employees.  Nobody will know what he's talking about.  Or care. Someone might hit him.  Or spray Mace.  Can you imagine the crew of utility workers on the side of a coned off lane, as he pulls up, jumps out, and starts ranting?  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I owned a base model Renegade before I picked up my TC. When I say base I mean absolute base model: manual transmission base trim. The only option I ticked was all weather floor mats. I had a "Toaster Jeep" sticker on the window of it. No joke, that thing was so much fun to drive. It shares the same engine as the Abarth Fiat, so there is a ton of aftermarket parts for it as well. I'd love to own one again

"will eliminate the massive amount of brake dust we're getting on the front rotors"

I don't understand how he's getting so much brake dust on the front. Mine still look like nearly brand new, even though the van has 130K miles on it now - I bought the van brand new in 2015, so I know they're original. Whatever, though, he's their problem now! Haha

Wait, I just got to user Kenton now being labeled a ... FOE!! Hahahaha

I have a 2016, and the brakes look like they could go another 5 years.  I've had cars where you could see brake dust on the wheels.  That's not the case with a Transit Connect.  Most of the ones I see on the road do not have front wheels covered in brake dust.

molle panels for the back of the van

Molle is a tactical gear attachment system.  You see tactical vest with Molle gear.  Is this guy rigging up his van for ammunition, tear gas, and weapons?