Ford Transit Connect Forum

2019 TC Wagon Backup assist Fault

bdmridgeback

well my brand new 2019 Transit Connect wagon has to go back to the dealer after only three thousand miles on it because ever since I brought it home every time I put it in reverse about nine out of 10 times it says "park aid fault". Hasn't worked reliably since I brought it home

20190724_121026.jpg

20190724_121432.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello folks, I'm new to this group. I was wondering if anyone has had their park aid fault issues found yet. I too have a 2019 Transit Connect XL with a park aid fault happening on every other trip  that won't leave a code. It's been to ford 4 times already, and they can't find the issue. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: My 2019 transit connect has been at ford for 2 weeks! They had to get permission from ford to start with the module since they couldn't find anything conclusive. After replacement its st doing it. They now ordered a center cluster for it. I will keep you updated with the progress! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I just recently purchased a brand new 2019 TC Cargo with the rear parking sensors. It had 5 miles from the dealer, up to 500 miles 4 days later. The rear sensors have worked once since purchase. I am getting the same error message as everyone else here. Frustrating, as this was an option I seeked out / bought van from a dealer far from my house. Hoping my local Ford dealer will be receptive to digging into this case.

Not good, have it on my 2016 and have not had a single issue.  My son even ran my Volt into the back of it and bumped one of the sensors.  No issues at all.  Seeing all the 2019 issues which I think are more issues than I have seen for all the other years put together makes me think it is a device or software issue rather than a sensor issue.  Maybe wiring error during assembly - lots of vehicles have this system and seems to be a reliable system.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Sorry it's been so long, but Ford sent out a letter telling dealers not to attempt any repairs if all pinpoint tests didn't find anything. Ford engineering is looking into it. With that said, my van is still doing it and what's worse is I have to bring it back because they scratched and destroyed my steering column covers, upper instrument panel dash cover, battery cover, and rear cargo wiring cover. I have a quick question for those that have a 2019: Everytime I start it up my radio shows the settings menu. Shouldn't it should show the last station I was listening to before shutting it off?The radio may actually be the culprit. I do not believe they are the same as the previous years which would make sense it only involves 2019-2020 models. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have the exact same problem, been to dealer 4 times and we even changed the module. Same problem after a couple of days. Ford sent out a letter to all dealers stating ford engineers are working on a software fix. they haven’t called me yet. 

has anyone has this software fixed yet?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, everyone! I have also had this same issue with my 2019 TC. I purchased my van in August of 2019 and this issue began almost immediately. I had brought it in so many times that my local dealership just gave me a new van in October of 2019.

This problem has occurred again in the new van, and I brought it in again today. The service staff notified me today that Ford has recently issued a TSB regarding this problem and that a fix should be available by next week. I have a service appointment the week after next. Hopefully, this will fix the issue.

Have y'all found any solutions yet?

1 hour ago, sKiZo said:

I had a problem with the backup assist on mine too ... then I cleaned the mud off the mirror, and all's well ... ;-}

Will your dealer give you a new van for the mud on your mirror?

2 hours ago, ATK said:

I had brought it in so many times that my local dealership just gave me a new van in October of 2019.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:46 PM, Fifty150 said:

Will your dealer give you a new van for the mud on your mirror?

My whole van is rarely clean, who do I need to talk to for a new replacement van? ?

Yet some people think I'm crazy or weird for not wanting all these ridiculous doodads and whatzits on/in my vehicles! More computers and superfluous junk, more problems!! As shown by this very thread, lol. If my "parking sensor" is broken, that means I need a new mirror! I'll stick to my 2015 XL, the only dealer-ordered options it got was power locks & windows. I added the large mirrors (no power to run them, though) & cruise control myself (I will say that computers did make that stupid easy, took 15 minutes and no splicing wires, damn near plug & play), that's all the extras that I needed. Oh yea, and a Sirius XM add-on radio using the AUX port because 2000 mile roadtrips 3-4 times a year get annoying if you have to find a new FM station every fifty or so miles - and can usually only find garbage, anyway. 

Good luck to y'all 2019+ owners, hopefully they actually get it fixed this week.

• 2 weeks later...